Registration for the 4th annual WC3 Open Bonspiel is live.
- Ante: $400 per team (24 team max) – 3 game guarantee
- 4 events with pins for winners and runner-ups
- Draws begin on Friday
- Breakfast (Sat – Sun), Lunch (Sat) and dinner (Fri – Sat) included for all curlers
- Free draft beer & a Bloody Mary bar
- Raffle drawing on Saturday night
Goldline Mobile Pro Shop
Debbie McCormick (4 time Olympian) will be playing and will have her Goldline Mobile Pro Shop with her.
Start date: 4/5/18
End date: 4/7/18
Last day to book: 3/15/18
Hotel discounts available at Renaissance Chicago North Shore (Call 847-498-6500 or see our website for details) Use CHICAGO CURLING CLUB as the group.
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
for 109.00 USD per night
Questions? Email BONSPIELS@WINDYCITYCURLING.COM
The U.S. Center for SafeSport is an independent nonprofit committed to ending all forms of abuse in sport. This includes bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse. The Center is the first and only national organization of its kind. The Center provides services to sport entities on abuse prevention techniques, policies and programs and provides a safe, professional and confidential place for individuals to report sexual abuse within the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movements. Visit our Response and Resolution, and Education and Outreach pages to learn more about our work.
Our mission is to make athlete well-being the centerpiece of our nation’s sports culture. All athletes deserve to participate in sports free from bullying, hazing, sexual misconduct or any form of emotional or physical abuse.
Our vision is that every athlete will be safe, supported, and strengthened through sport.
- Safe: Athletes are protected from emotional, physical, and sexual abuse.
- Supported: Athletes enjoy welcome, respectful environments and diversity is actively embraced.
- Strengthened: Athletes use the skills they’ve learned in sport to contribute to the well-being of their communities. Every athlete thrives, on and off the field of play.
As curling is an Olympic sport, Windy City Curling Club complies to the SafeSport Act and is bound to report any allegations of abuse, mental, physical, and/or sexual.
If you are aware of abuse occurring in our club, please report it to a board member. All have been trained how to relay the information to the proper authorities and will keep all information private.
This past weekend we had five teams playing in the Midwest Curling Association’s 5 & Under Bonspiel. Team Torkelson (Greg Torkelson, Zac Wiles, Girithar Reddy, and Tom Sikma) won the 2nd Event while Team Henderson (Jon Henderson, Tonya Henderson, Jim Schneider, and MIke Jokela) took 4th Event Runner Up.
Congratulations to both teams on a great showing and all the other teams that fought hard all weekend.